Lawn and surrounding area

Photo: Lawn and surrounding area

Photo

Advertising

Holidays in Vernio

This is a town of about 6,000 inhabitants in the province of Prato. Located near the bend of the river Bisenzio, this town offers tourists a holiday of nature and tradition without renouncing to the culture of which are well preserved in the museum traces-Terrigoli Laboratory.

Fractions: Sant'Ippolito, San Quirico (capital the City), Montepiano, Mercatale Wells, SASSETO, Cavarzano, Terrigoli, The Neighbors, Costozze
Name inhabitants verniatti
Patron saint: Leonardo di san Noblac
Public holiday: Nov. 6

A bit of history ...

News dating back to Roman times we witness a Roman bridge in the home of Mercatale which then was destroyed during the Nazi period.

The "polenta"

Sienna Trafficking of the Day Miseria, dating back to 1576, during which they celebrate the distribution of chestnut polenta, herring and cod given to subjects from a count Bardi, during a severe famine.

At the beginning of the twelfth century Vernio Mangone and inherited passed by the family of Cadolingi to that of Alberti of Prato, which significantly expanded its possessions and assumed the title Counts of Wells.

After 1810, once occurred restore the Napoleonic rule, was finally joined the Grand Duke of Tuscany.

Thanks to Prato, resulting from the textile sector, Wells experienced a significant economic recovery and the end del'800 became a major tourist destination thanks to the works of embellishment of the city.

To visit ...

Abbey of Santa Maria

Built around 1095, the church is Montepiano, a fraction of Wells. Inside the visitor can admire Tuscan frescoes depicting the Nativity, l 'el Annunciation' Archangel Michael, in a more rigorous Madonna and Child.

Church of San Leonardo and San Quirico

The church retains a small Madonna with Child, belonging to the workshop of Benedetto Buglione. Of great artistic interest also two paintings: a Madonna Rosario and the saints, Gregory Pagani and eighteenth with a painting of St. Joseph Transit (1728), John Camillo Sacristan.

Museum-Laboratory Terrigoli

A Terrigoli was set up the museum-workshop on "From Mill to the factory through civilization." The museum offers an overview of all work in the tradition Bisenzio Valley, trying to identify, as well as significant objects techniques also work taken.

The content of the page is automatically translated.
Rate the content of this page - Score 1 to 5 1 2 3 4 5

Torna in cima alla pagina

Contributo Rate: 1.0 | Comments (0) | Write Comment

Realization portals for tourism, holiday - Rel. 1.11